See more recommendations on the Chiyoda City Tourism Association social media accounts!
A bridge spanning the inner moat along the path from Ishibashi Bridge leading to the Imperial Palace. It was built in the Edo era and, due to its elevation, was built over piles of logs that serve as its foundation. This is the reason why it was called Nijubashi, meaning "double-layer bridge." In 1888 it was rebuilt with steel and it was last renovated in 1964.
- addressImperial Palace, Chiyoda-ku
- access2 minutes' walk from Exit 3 of Sakuradamon Station
3 minutes' walk from Exit B6 of Hibiya Station
3 minutes' walk from Exit 2 of Nijubashimae Station