See more recommendations on the Chiyoda City Tourism Association social media accounts!
An elegant stone bridge visible from the main entrance of the Imperial Palace. During the Edo era it was called Nishinomaru-otemon Bridge or Nishinomaru-gejobashi Bridge, and it was prohibited to enter on horseback. It is often falsely considered as a part of a bridge "pair" with the bridge right next to it, due to the name of the latter - Nijubashi (meaning "double-layer bridge"). The bridge was built in the span of three years from 1624 to 1627. The current structure was built in 1889.
- addressBetween the Imperial Palace and Kokyo-gaien National Garden, Chiyoda-ku
- access2 minutes' walk from Exit 3 of Sakuradamon Station
3 minutes' walk from Exit B6 of Hibiya Station
3 minutes' walk from Exit 2 of Nijubashimae Station